Water jet concrete cutting
Learn what water jet concrete cutting is and the many advantages of using high-pressure water for cutting concrete.
What is water jet concrete cutting?
Water jet concrete cutting is exactly as it sounds, a method that utilizes high-pressure water jets to cut through and remove concrete. It is more commonly known as “hydrodemolition”. The high-pressure jet stream creates an ideal bonding surface for repair and new coating applications.
Water jet demolition equipment enables a versatile, safe, and precise way to remove and repair concrete for a wide variety of small, large-scale, and hard-to-reach projects including, but not limited to:
- Roads, bridges, and runways
- Ports and quays
- Parking decks
- Canals and locks
- Dams, spillways, and turbines
- Pillars, piles, and columns
- Tunnels, aqueducts, and pipes
- Nuclear power plants
- Water treatment facilities
- Stadiums and warehouses
Advantages of using high-pressure water for cutting concrete
Using high-pressure water for cutting concrete and concrete repair offers a range of unique advantages compared to other traditional concrete removal methods. Water jet concrete cutting:
- Does not cause any micro-cracks in the structure. This ensures that the repair will be long-lasting and of high-quality
- Ensures a safe working environment as it does not create any vibrations and dramatically reduce the amount of noise and dust
- Allows for both selective and non-selective removal of concrete
- Keeps the rebars intact, while at the same time cleaning them
- Creates an ideal bonding surface between the old and new concrete
- Improves the efficiency of concrete removal services, where a hydro concrete cutter robot is more than 25x faster than mechanical jackhammering.
Explore the Conjet concrete hydro cutting robots
Bridges, parking decks, dams, tunnels, piers – if a concrete structure needs to be repaired, we have the optimal concrete solution for the task: ACR™. ACR™ stands for Automated Concrete Removal and refers to our robotic hydrodemolition technology – a technology with a proven track record as the most sustainable and effective method for concrete removal and repair and many other types of surface preparation.
We have spent the better part of 35 or so years developing our solution. Safe for the operator because it is automated. Safe for the structure since no micro-cracks are created. Safe for the environment as noise and dust pollution are dramatically reduced.
Contact us for more information about ACR™ and explore our hydrodemolition robots and jetframes.