Water jet concrete removal
Remove and repair concrete in a safe,quick, and effortless manner with water jet concrete removal.
What is water jet concrete removal?
Water jet concrete removal, also known as hydrodemolition, is a concrete removal technology using high-pressure water jets to remove damaged concrete, asphalt, and grout. Using water jet high-pressure concrete removal ensures a great bonding surface for repair and new coating applications.
The high-pressure water jets travel over the concrete surface at a constant speed, taking advantage of the permeability of the concrete to create an overpressure to break it apart.
Advantages of water jet high-pressure concrete removal
Water jet concrete demolition offers a range of advantages compared to traditional means of demolition including:
- Does not create any micro-cracks in the concrete, ensuring a high-quality and long-lasting repair.
- It creates no vibrations, while also reducing noise and dust dramatically, creating a better work environment for the workers.
- It allows for both selective and non-selective concrete removal.
- It leaves the rebar intact and cleans them from rust and corrosion.
- It creates a surface ideal for bonding between the old and the new concrete.
- Water jet demolition robots are more than 25x faster than mechanical jackhammering.
Explore Conjet’s water jet concrete demolition robots
The Conjet water jet concrete removal robots use high-pressure water up to 22,000 psi (1500 bar) and allows for both selective and non-selective (hydromilling) removal of concrete. It fully automates the operation of concrete removal, allowing you to provide a safe working environment for your workers, while at the same time increasing both the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of your operations.
We have spent 35+ years perfecting our concrete removal solution to safely and efficiently remove concrete for optimal restoration of critical infrastructure. Read more about ACR™ – Automated Concrete Removal – and its many advantages.